Saturday, November 14, 2009

Abscess Tooth Pulled, Is It healing properly?

I had an abscess pulled on Tuesday, June 9th, I started my antibiotics June 8th. This is for a lower molar (primary baby tooth). I was looking at the spot where the tooth used to be and my gum next to my tooth is white on the cheek side. If I look in the spot where the tooth was (socket?) On top there are white "blotches" and below those is a dark red color which I assume is the pulp. Is this normal? It is really hard for me to describe but I just want to make sure that it is not an infection getting worse or the like. I have no pain in the area but aside from the tooth not being there it doesn't feel completely normal on that side, almost like there is still something there. As always, thanks for feedback. Should I rinse with mouthwash or peroxide too ? Thanks

Abscess Tooth Pulled, Is It healing properly?
I would agree with the first responder to your question. Warm salt water rinses. The dark red color is dried blood (much like a scab on the skin)...not sure about the white blotches, but seems unrelated to having your tooth pulled. More than likely the infection is not getting worse as there is usually a lot of pain associated with tooth infections. Having the decayed tooth along with antibiotics should do the trick for ending the infection.





This should heal pretty quickly for you since it wasn't an adult tooth. The roots are much longer on an adult tooth.





Also, I think it is "normal" to experience a kind of phantom pain...like the tooth is still there. In time that will go away.





If anything changes or gets worse, don't hesitate to see your dentist.
Reply:No rinse with warm salt water until healed The area you are looking at sounds normal the "pulp" was in the tooth you had removed and is no longer there. Since this was a baby tooth you should soon see a secondary tooth erupting unless you are congenitally missing a tooth. Anyway if you still have concerns after a week or so consult your dentist. Remember to take your antibiotics until they are all gone. Hope this helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net