Thursday, November 12, 2009

How long should a premolar be before being braced?

Hello,


I've had braces for about 13 months. I recently lost my last pesky primary tooth a few months ago. I think it's about all the way grown in. That month at my ortho appointment, he said I should give it another month before a bracket is placed. It hasn't grown much since then, so I would like to know how much tooth should be showing before it is fit to be braced.





Thanks!

How long should a premolar be before being braced?
Hi,


First let me say that with 43 years experience in the creative dental field I have some idea about your question...Your orthodontist was correct in telling you to wait and allow the tooth to completely emerge...There is no orthodontic rule that dictates that every tooth must be realigned. The emerging tooth may come in in exactly the right place...don't attempt to have a procedure done that may be unnecessary. It's bad for the tooth to say nothing of your money pocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net