Saturday, November 14, 2009

Orthognathic surgery for bilateral complete cleft lip and palate?

I was just wondering what orthognathic surgery for those with severe bilateral complete cleft lip and palate turns out like. I've had bone grafting to repair all the missing bone in my gums earlier in my childhood and it's great to see my teeth are perfectly straight! No more teeth are missing because I had more surgical intervention to extract teeth. In several months time, I'm due for an appointment with the orthognathic surgeon and the surgery itself. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, so I'm really nervous. Any experiences anyone can share?





I also wanted to make a note that yes...like other threads have said, it is hard for people to get past appearance BUT, even though I had to put up with lots of teasing in primary, besides the three people who gave me a hard time, I was highly respected. I have good male and female friends. Character matters.





Then again ever getting a date sounds like a nightmare. Lol.

Orthognathic surgery for bilateral complete cleft lip and palate?
It can only help your appearance. I have known many kids with bilateral complete clefts of the lip and palate, and orthognathic surgery is done late so the mandible has time to grow prior to the operation. I would think that they would want to finish any nose and scar revisions at the same time; ask about that.


I'm thrilled for you that they have been able to achieve a good result with the dental issues.


You sound like your self-esteem is really good. Those kids who made fun of you have NO clue about what you have been through, so blow them off! All the pain, speech therapy, emotional issues, etc.


I'm sure you will be happy with the results of your surgery. We are fortunate we live in an age that craniofacial surgery is very advanced!


Good luck!

men dress shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net