Saturday, November 14, 2009

Will an adult tooth come in?

I had an abscess tooth pulled on Tuesday and have been asking a lot of questions on here (thanks everyone). One of my replies had me a little intrigued and I wanted a second opinion. Im 25, and the abscess tooth I had pulled was a baby (primary) molar... I had asked a question regarding the healing time and such, someone had responded that I should have another tooth growing in. While I wish this is true for more than one reason, I am however very skeptical. Anyone wanna confirm my skepticism?

Will an adult tooth come in?
Hi my name is Jeffery M Salerno DDS





Most likely the reason that the "baby " tooth was still present at 25 years is because the permanent tooth never formed or is impacted. If the tooth is impacted it will most likely stay that way unless surgery is performed with orthodontic intervention. If the tooth is missing than obviously nothing will erupt.





Best thing for you to do is see your dentist and ask about implants or a fixed bridge to replace the missing tooth.
Reply:I'm not an expert but, I would think if you were getting that molar it would have already come in by now. the abscessed tooth may have damaged the adult tooth. I would have thought the dentist would have told you if there were another tooth under the baby tooth also If there was an adult tooth why didn't it push out the baby tooth? Some people also don't developed all there adult teeth. My son never developed his two lower front teeth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net