Saturday, November 14, 2009

How do I know my retainers are working?

Hi everyone!





I lost my primary set of retainers recently. When I first got my retainers, they had messed up the design I wanted, so they let me keep the ones I had while they made new ones. I adjusted to the first set, but I realized that after I got the second set (they made them off a second impression they got), the upper retainers hurt quite a bit and it was hard to swallow, so I stuck to my original set.





The original set had comfortable upper retainers, but I could easily remove the bottom one with my tongue. However, since both are gone, I have to wear the second set. The bottom one is comfortable, but after I take my top one off, I feel a bit sore with my back row of teeth.





So my question is... Are these new ones working correctly? I'd hate to mess up my teeth, even more so when I know my mom would get mad for losing the first set (though they were technically free). I could smile normally with my old set, but the gap between my teeth is bigger with this set. What's going on?

How do I know my retainers are working?
never adjust your own retainer, it will make your teeth move where they shouldn't be.





they are usually sore before you get used to them. so keep wearing them as much as possible and you will get used to the new retainers.





if the retainer is uncomfortable to see your orthodontist they will adjust it for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net