Thursday, November 12, 2009

My daughter's central upper permanent tooth has not erupted yet and she is 7 1/2 years old.?

The primary tooth there was pulled out prematurely before, it being shed on it's own. Could this be the cause for the permanent tooth to delay eruption? Thanks!

My daughter's central upper permanent tooth has not erupted yet and she is 7 1/2 years old.?
This is indeed common but does not require the high cost of an Oral Surgeon. If your Dentist, and I am assuming he has a DDS Degree (Doctor of Dental Surgery) can't do this simple procedure in 5 minutes or less, I would be looking another Dentist.
Reply:Hi! I've been in dentistry for over 25 years. I would call your dentist and get a referral for an Oral Surgeon. Have him take an xray and determine if this is just very slow or is "stuck". It is easy enough to encourage the tooth to erupt and will require his expertize and surgery. This is NOT uncommon and I have had many cases of this. Typically I try to monitor this for a few months and see if there is any movement. If I feel it needs to be encouraged then I recommend an Oral Surgeon. At this age I would get a consultation and decide that is the best course of treatment. Remember, every child is different, but this is not a wait and see. Please get an expert's advise and go from there. If you need any other help in the future, please ask. M

children boots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net